By David R. Bull
Communicating Pictures starts off with a special old standpoint of the function of pictures in communications after which builds in this to give an explanation for the functions and necessities of a contemporary video coding procedure. It attracts at the author's wide educational adventure of sign processing and video coding to convey a textual content that's algorithmically rigorous, but available, proper to trendy criteria, and functional. It bargains a radical grounding in visible notion, and demonstrates how smooth snapshot and video compression tools could be designed as a way to meet the rate-quality functionality degrees demanded through contemporary functions, networks and clients. With this e-book you are going to learn:
- Practical matters while imposing a codec, reminiscent of photograph boundary extension and complexity relief, with specific emphasis on effective algorithms for transforms, movement estimators and blunder resilience
- Conflicts among traditional video compression, in response to variable size coding and spatiotemporal prediction, and the necessities for blunders resilient transmission
- How to evaluate the standard of coded pictures and video content material, either via subjective trials and by utilizing perceptually optimised goal metrics
- Features, operation and function of the state of the art excessive potency Video Coding (HEVC) standard
- Covers the fundamentals of video communications and features a robust grounding in how we understand pictures and video, and the way we will be able to make the most redundancy to lessen bitrate and enhance expense distortion performance
- Gives deep perception into the pitfalls linked to the transmission of real-time video over networks (wireless and fixed)
- Uses the state-of- the-art video coding average (H.264/AVC) as a foundation for set of rules improvement within the context of block established compression
- Insight into destiny video coding criteria akin to the hot ISO/ITU excessive potency Video Coding (HEVC) initiative, which extends and generalizes the H.264/AVC approach
Read or Download Communicating Pictures: A Course in Image and Video Coding PDF
Similar mobile & wireless communications books
Even supposing refined instant radio applied sciences make sure that unlicensed instant units to exploit un-used broadcast television spectra, these seeking to improve the sector have lacked a booklet that covers cognitive radio in television white areas (TVWS). Filling this desire, television White area Spectrum applied sciences: rules, criteria and functions explains how white area know-how can be utilized to allow the extra spectrum entry that's so badly wanted.
Even though there are numerous books on hand on WSNs, so much are low-level, introductory books. The few to be had for complex readers fail to exhibit the breadth of information required for these aiming to strengthen next-generation recommendations for WSNs. Filling this void, instant Sensor Networks: From idea to functions offers finished insurance of WSNs.
This ebook presents easy access to quantum mechanics with out facing a real textbook that calls for right really expert experiences in physics (and comparable arithmetic) for roughly a number of years. It includes 3 elements: simple formalism, formal improvement, and ontological matters. The 70 figures are an important tool for turning into familiar in a "representative" method with summary difficulties, and the 30 in-section packing containers help readers comprehend for tough mathematical difficulties.
Ambient Diagnostics addresses leading edge equipment for locating styles from reasonable units, reminiscent of cellphones, watches, cameras, and video game interfaces, to interpret multimedia information for private overall healthiness tracking and analysis. this can be the 1st accomplished textbook on multidisciplinary suggestions in cheap healthcare—from sensory fusion, trend detection, to category.
- LTE Security (NSN/Nokia Series)
- Automotive Antenna Design and Applications
- Mobile Broadband Multimedia Networks: Techniques, Models and Tools for 4G
- Going Mobile: Developing Apps for Your Library Using Basic HTML Programming (Ala Editions Special Reports)
- Electronic Warfare Target Location Methods, Second Edition
Additional resources for Communicating Pictures: A Course in Image and Video Coding
Communicating Pictures: A Course in Image and Video Coding by David R. Bull